Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Today is the big day!

I am posting from my phone so bear with me if there are errors.

---------------------------------------


The last 24 hours have been quite possibly the longest of my life. The anticipation of meeting Dr. Friedman at Duke coupled with the stress of actually getting to North Carolina is making me a basket case. Yesterday was a really, really long day. I got up early to pack and tie up loose ends at the house and then headed off to work at the normal time. I worked a half day and came home at 1:00 to change vehicles and hit the road for NC. Thankfully Rion had packed up the car already before I got home so the turn around was fairly quick- we pulled out of our driveway at 1:45. The trip was relatively painless; we made a few stops for gas, snacks, etc which unfortunately put us going through Charlotte NC right around 5:00- no good! While it wasn't like Atlanta rush hour, they were doing major construction which caused us to lose some time. We finally arrived at our hotel around 7:30. Check-in was a breeze and then off to find something for dinner...HA!! Easier said than done! Apparently folks in Durham 1) don't eat out on Monday's so a majority of the restaurants don't bother to open or 2) are so loaded they don't mind paying $20 for a Mexican entree (isn't Mexican the cheapest and fastest food in most cities?!?) Anyway, after a 30 minute search on foot and an even longer search in the car (for a restaurant that ended up not being where their website says they are located) we resigned ourselves to eating in the hotel restaurant. That probably should have been our first opinion but at first glance it was pricey and we wanted some authentic Durham food....by 9:00 PM that wasn't a concern anymore LOL


You would think after getting up super early, working a half day at work, driving over 7 hours (work commute + trip) and searching for dinner until the point I would have eaten ANYTHING, I would have fallen asleep the second hit my pillow, right?!? Nope, the good 'ol nerves kicked in and sleep last night was at a minimum. I contemplated getting up at 4:45 AM but there was nothing for me to do quietly until Rion woke up. Luckily I did manage to fall back to sleep until my alarm (which I forgot was set) went off at 7:00. I look like death warmed pver but maybe that will make the Dr more sympathetic to our case LOL


Our appointment is at 11 and we have plenty to keep us done until then. I don't think I have mentioned on the blog but we did find health insurance that would cover any treatment of Morton going forward...the major concern is that the application must be received by Dec 15th and the letter from the attending physician that must be included with our application did not get faxed to me at work until after I left yesterday! So...once the office opens I am going to have them fax it to me here at the hotel and then run to the post office and pay to overnight the application so it's received on the 14th. Anyone that knows me knows how I HATE cutting it this close to a deadline, especially with something so important. After Dec 15th and Rion's insurance won't start until Jan 15th!!!


Ok, I have hopefully dumped enough out of my brain to go chill out and just enjoy spending time with Rion. I've read thay going through something tramatic like this will chance your entire perspective about life and it sure has. I don't know yet why we are going through this but I am 100% sure that God knows and I trust His plan for us. Just hug your loved ones 1 extra time today and God will have already used us in a positive way.


Emily


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.1

1 comment: