Friday, December 16, 2011

blessings upon blessings

God is so good!! Today we are feeling blessed beyond words. I have been trying to type out a post in my head (that’s how I usually do it) but I’m having a hard time tying everything together I want to say. So this may be pretty random.
First and most importantly, thank you, thank you, thank you to whoever sent us the awesome all-in-one printer yesterday. My only complaint is that I have no clue who it’s from so I can’t thank you personally. If anyone would like to come forward and admit to sending it we would really like to express our gratitude (you can e-mail us gahendersons at yahoo if you don’t want to make it public.) But regardless of who it’s from, this is such a blessing as I no longer have to email stuff to myself at work to print out and bring home. I also don’t have to use the fax machine at work and risk having a fax come in after I’ve left for the day/weekend, etc.
The second blessing we’d like to share is that we have booked a last minute vacation for next week. We’ll be spending some time in sunny south Florida to get our minds off things! This will give us time to just relax and enjoy each other’s company without worrying about the daily stress that comes from being at home. Both Rion and I are finding it extremely difficult to go about “life as normal” as we wait for the upcoming surgery (which has not been scheduled yet but I will let everyone know when it is.)  It became apparent that getting away from home was the only way we’d be able to truly relax and that’s what we need more than anything else right now. This blessing is twofold as we were able to make arrangements for our fur babies (our 2 dogs and 2 cats) quicker than normal. God is taking care of all the details!
We are so grateful to have the love and support of our friends and family as well as people we have never met. It blows our minds to be receiving cards and letters from all over the country, many from people who know only of us and our situation but who don’t know us personally. It really does brighten our day to sit down together each night and go through the mail. We have displayed everything we have received in our living room as a constant reminder of how many people are thinking about us and praying and how loved we truly are. It’s unfortunate that it takes something so horrible to open our eyes and make us realize how fragile life is but at the same time we know without a doubt that God has chosen us to go through this for a reason.
As I mentioned earlier, we will be letting everyone know as soon as the surgery is scheduled. I left a message yesterday for Dr. Friedman that we would like to move forward and hopefully he can get us in right after the new year (and hopefully we will get accepted and have insurance January 1st.)

God is good!!
Emily Henderson

No comments:

Post a Comment