Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Brighter skies

Thank you everyone for the kind calls, e-mails, texts and comments on the last post. Rion and I are both feeling much better today and we are back on track dealing with the treatment of  Morton as well as life in general. It is clear that this journey is going to have it's share of ups & down and good & bad days and we are blessed that the ups & good days are far out weighing the bad. Thank you for bearing with us as we process and cope with everything; we couldn't ask for a better support system!

I don't have anything new to add today but I did think I would throw it out there that we are in need of a printer to use at home (in case anyone had a used one they were looking to get rid of for cheap.) We don't currently have a home printer and I am fortunate that I can print most of what I need to at work. However with all of the paperwork we are dealing with we need to be able to print at home. I actually have 2 perfectly functioning printers but they will not work with my computer because it has Window's 7 and both are not compatible with that operating system. One of the printers is a Dell all in one (printer-scanner-copier-fax) that just needs ink; the other is a basic Lexmark printer but it has brand new ink and should work fine. I will gladly give these 2 printers to anyone that can use them, regardless if you have a printer that we can use. But we would be willing to trade if anyone is interested!

God is good and so are our friends and family : )

4 comments:

  1. Emily and Rion,

    We love you dearly and are holding you close in our hearts and prayers. I pray that each day is better and brighter than the one before it.

    Carley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carley- your texts in the morning are so sweet and I really do appreciate it : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a suggestion re: printers. WalMart will often have "good deals" on inexpensive printers. For instance, I purchased a Cannon printer/copy/fax/scanner for a price that was equal to the cost of the ink cartriges (approx $45). And the ink cartridges were included!

    Why? (Think of razors and razor blades.) They are in the business of selling ink, so the printers cost almost nothing. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the printer suggestion...it does make sense that the accessories cost more than the actual product since without the accessories the product is useless. Very crafty!

    ReplyDelete