Friday, January 27, 2012

Last night in the hospital (?)

Sorry but I just realized I didn't update earlier when Rion was moved out of ICU...that was right around the time I had to call AAA because my car wouldn't start in the parking lot! 1 car battery later and we're back on track.

Rion is doing really, really good. Better than I could have imagined in 1000 years. He ate all his dinner last night and would have eaten breakfast this morning if they had brought him anything that he likes (an egg and cheese omelet with onions doesn't cut it when you don't like cheesy eggs or onions!) But I brought him a pizza for lunch of which he ate half and for dinner tonight he had baked chicken, lentil soup, broccoli and salad, Oh my! He doesn't eat that good when it hasn't been only 24 hours since brain surgery! I am just amazed at how he has kept his appetite through all of this. Rion is usually the type to quit eating when he feels bad so I can't help but feel good when I see him eating like normal.

The word going around is that because he is eating so well and moving around (just did 1/18 of a mile walking around the neuroscience ward) they are possibly going to discharge him tomorrow. That would be so great if we could get him back to the hotel suite we have booked and let him start relaxing in a real bed without being woken up every 2 hours. The nurses here have been fantastic but they are doing their due-diligents by checking on him constantly. As one of the doctors told us earlier, the I in ICU doesn't stand for intermittent. We are praying for pain control during the night and a release tomorrow. We'll still have to stay in Durham for a few days but at least he won't be here where it's impossible to get any good sleep.

Thanks again to all my prayer warriors and our loving friends and family- God Bless!

Emily & Rion

No comments:

Post a Comment