Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Odds and Ends

I thought I would check in since I hadn't posted since Rion finished his 2nd round of chemo last week. He is doing much better over all although we definitely still have good days & bad (he got sick at I-Hop last Saturday when we were eating breakfast; yet we had gone to Longhorn's Thursday night & he was fine?!?!) There is no clear pattern or indication when he is going to have a good or bad day so we try to just take it 1 day, 1 hour at a time and enjoy when he's feeling good and try to make him comfortable when he's not.

I am almost positive his levels (platelets/red blood cell/white blood cell) are doing just fine as he is not experiencing any bruising and his energy levels seem to be pretty good over all...he didn't take a nap yesterday for the first time in as long as I can remember; of course he had 3 naps on Saturday so it all evens out. A very, very smart person (who has gone through the same thing) told me the best advice I have heard thus far: don't let your highs be too high and don't let your lows be too low. That is my new motto to live by!

Just in case anyone was wondering, I am doing much better also. The anti-depressant I started on almost 3 weeks ago seems to be helping and I'm slowly getting back into exercising and taking care of myself. After over indulging on just about everything this past weekend, I am also trying to be more mindful of my eating since there is a direct correlation between what I eat & how I feel ie. if I eat junk, I feel like junk.

Rion's next doctor's appointment for blood work is Tuesday June 12th and I might not post any more until then as nothing much is really happening. Rion will be getting his first disability check in June, just in the nick of time as more and more claims have been processed from surgery and we're starting to get bills in the mail almost every day...bills that we can't pay HA HA!

I would like to ask that everyone say a pray for some new friends of ours that we met online through the blog- John & Allyson. John had surgery last week for a brain tumor and they have yet to get the pathology report back. They are young (John is the same age as Rion) & recently married and I HATE that they are having to go through this (although it is nice to have someone that truly understands what we're going through.) Please help us pray that they have the strength to face whatever results they are given- prayer for both John & Allyson as I've found the patient gets A LOT more prayer than the care giver especially when awaiting test results.

Blessings,

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment