Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sick Rion : (

After taking much longer than it should have to get the correct dosage of chemo, Rion finally received it in the mail and started it Friday. Unfortunately the nausea/vomiting & fatigue have hit harder & sooner than before- tonight is the last night of chemo but he has been sick for 2 days now. He went for blood work this morning and everything still looks good (as expected) but we anticipate white blood cells and platelets will start declining within the next week or so. I'm so ready for this to all be over. I'm pretty sure Rion's body is just worn out from fighting this poison and every time it gets harder and harder- this would explain why his levels go down further & stay down longer each time. I know chemo is a good thing- and his body is doing what it needs to do to fight off the cancer cells- but it doesn't make it any easier when he's woken up from a dead sleep to vomit : ( I just wish there was more I could do!

1 comment: