Monday, August 5, 2013

No news is good news

Hi! I wonder if there are even any readers left since it has been so long since I last updated. But there is really nothing new going on with Rion and we have been super busy with the birth of our little man in April.

Rion had an MRI at Duke in February, then here local in April & back up at Duke in June. We actually got to compare the June & February scans side by side and it's clear he is still showing improvements. He has another scan scheduled for later this month; we will continue on with the every 2 month schedule, alternating between our local oncologist & going to Duke.

Our son Grant was born April 20, 2013. His full name is Grant Ezra Henderson. No reason for the names (everyone asks!) it was just the only thing we could agree on. If we ever have another boy he will probably have to be named Rion Jr or something LOL I was blessed with being able to take 4 months off work & I will be starting a new job August 19th. God works in mysterious ways and I have been blessed with a fantastic new job opportunity, it is truly a dream job and I hope I will be able to stay with this company indefinitely.

Rion has adjusted amazingly to becoming a Daddy and he loves it more than words can describe. I enjoy so much watching him with Grant, he really is a natural. He is so loving & protective, sometimes I regret waiting as long as we did to have a child (our 7 year anniversary is next week) but then I remember how stressful last year was and I'm grateful I didn't have anything more on my plate. Since things are some what stable and normal again I can devote all of my time & attention to Grant which makes us all happy.

Rion still continues to have his partial seizures- he hardly ever has the "clicking seizure" but it still pops up from time to time. More often than not he has the seizures that he describes as feeling like a panic attack on steroids. He has had one while caring for Grant and he is able to work through it without losing consciousness or awareness. It just becomes difficult for him to focus on anything else at the moment but it passes relatively quickly (usually under a minute.) I have complete confidence that the seizures do not pose a danger to Grant and if they ever became that severe Rion would let me know.

That is really all that has been going on with us. Until something changes I do not foresee myself updating the blog. I think there is some way you can elect to follow the blog through e-mail so you will be notified when I post something new.

Thank you for continuing to pray for us.

Emily & Rion


No comments:

Post a Comment