Sunday, June 17, 2012

Duke halted the chemo

I know I left things up in the air last time and for everyone (all 4 of you what read that post) that was wondering Duke did call Rion back Friday and told him NOT to take the chemo. The do not want his white blood cells to go below 2.5 so we will wait until our blood work in North Carolina on the 27th to decide when he'll take it next.

I have such  mixed feelings about this! I was actually surprised that the doctors said not to take the chemo, I thought I was being overly cautious and was really just seeking validation more than anything from Duke. It's also weird that we have been planning for this for the past few weeks and anyone that knows me knows that I don't like a disruption in plans. But more than that, I hate feeling like we aren't doing anything to fight Morton and keep him from coming back. Deep down I understand that a week or two isn't going to really matter but I can't help but feel apprehensive. If/when Morton comes back are we going to regret not following the local doctor's orders? This is something I want to address at Duke, once again for validation, that it's ok for us to contact them if we are told something here that we aren't sure of.

That's it, short and sweet. Needless to say Rion isn't complaining : )

Emily

1 comment: