Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Out of left field

After riding high on the feeling of being done with the 1st round of treatment, yesterday evening I was brought crashing back to reality. This was brought to my attention via Facebook and Rion and I spent a good deal of time crying & praying for this sweet family and their precious baby girl that they lost to Leukemia yesterday. Please take a minute today and say a prayer for their family. I just can't imagine what they are going through right now. Here is their family blog, very similar to the one I write on here:

http://www.needhamcrew.blogspot.com/

From what I gather they are local from the greater Athens area...it could have been anyone's little girl that God called home yesterday, cancer or not, there is nothing that makes us immune to death when it's our time to go.

As the high from finishing treatment wears off I am left feeling somber and resigned to accept that our journey is far from over. It's the unknown that scares us the most- what will the next MRI show? How will Rion react to the next round of chemo? will it even work? I am filled with doubts and insecurities that make it hard to keep from crying today.

But mostly I am sad for the Needham family. I don't know them at all but reading this hits too close to home for me and I can't shake the depression I fell into yesterday. Please hug your family today and tell them how much you love them. Let the little arguments go and focus on what really matters, enjoying each and every moment that you have to spend with your loved ones. And please, please, please say a prayer for the Needham family that God will carry them through this experience and give them the strength they need to move forward.

Emily

3 comments:

  1. Emily, I just want you to know a few of my thoughts, as well as others who have commented on this blog.

    For your "tender youth", age wise, it has been incredible to read the words you find and write. Your geniune honest, sincere, openness of this entire journey, has been a style of execution unlike any other. Thank you.

    You have been incredible with the tenacity of a
    "bulldog" in facing this head on and being the person you have become for all of the readers to be able to feel what you and Rion have been going thru. Writing is a gift and you have it.

    In this too fast, hurried world we live in, you will be amazed at how many people are keeping up with the two of you thru this blog. No one wants to take the time to write, which I encourage everyone to do. You need to know how we all feel about your sharing these private moments with us. Hopefully, your words can give others who are walking in your same footprints, a ray of hope in knowing they are not alone.

    Keep it up AND please know, that many, many prayers are still being sent up from friends and family all around this big ole world, for both of you.
    YOU ARE AN INCREDIBLE YOUNG WOMAN. THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoever you are thank you...that comment made my day!

    ReplyDelete